Sunday 3 April 2011

The weekly training report

Monday: 3k easy, 20min bike to and from work. Just a rest day with a short run to spin out the legs and speed up recovery.

Tuesday: 7k Tempo, 20min bike to and from work. Settled into my run nicely, starting to get some good sensations in my legs. Definitely feels like I'm getting me speed back. Who says barefooters can't be fast??

Wednesday: 9k Tempo, 20min bike to and from work. Great follow up day to yesterday's run. Feeling good in the legs and getting able to find my rhythm at a nice fast tempo.

Thursday: 9k Tempo run to work, 9k easy home. Ended up getting out the door late for work, and had to blitz it up to work. Did the 9k to work in around 37min, still felt like I had lots of gas left in the tank when I got to work. Good vibes!

Friday: 7k easy, 20min bike to and from work. Just a nice spin the legs and get ready for the weekend mileage. Last day at my old job. Sad to leave some of the guys, but the flow of life has me going in a different direction.

Saturday: 18k. This run was a complete disaster. Tried out the New Balance Minimus Trails, hoping that they'd work out a a good pair of shoes to race in, but their fit was WAAAAAAY wrong for my feet. Basically the heel cup was too wide, and my heel would slip up and down the shoe, and the mid-foot and fore-foot were too narrow, pinching my metatarsal heads, and not allowing proper function along my transverse arches. Got so angry with them that I ran 5k home completely barefoot. Ended the run with inflammation on the fifth metatarsal head and a nasty blister on my right foot. Damn shoes!

Sunday: 22k. A great make up run after yesterday's debacle. Took a long time for my body to center and relax into the run, but once I hit the trail things started to move a little more nicely. Used a couple mountain bikers as rabbits and hammered 4k chasing them. Great sensations in the body! After one lap of the DV Trail, did a once up of the Pottery Road hill and another half lap of the DV Trail. Knees are feeling a little beat up after bombing down hills, but after a nice easy bike ride feeling alot better.

84k on the week. My recovery is getting pretty fast, things are looking good for the Sulfur springs 50 miler at the end of May. As long as I can stay injury free and healthy....

I start a new job this week, so posts may be a little sluggish coming. Happy Trails!

No comments:

Post a Comment